The Possibilities are Endless.
Archipelago Insurance Limited is a Labuan FSA approved and licensed General Insurance Company with Takaful window. Archipelago General Insurance underwrites general insurance classes of business including captives and reinsurance for both Conventional and Takaful. We are regarded as the pioneering international insurer provider of both non-admitted and locally-admitted General insurance policies in Asia Pacific.
The unique combination of carefully tailored financial planning and a wide range of General product options is at the heart of what makes Archipelago General different from others. We’re here to underwrite unique and unconventional risks for individuals, families and corporates. But most of all, we want to help you achieve your hopes and objectives, whatever they may be. The possibilities are endless.
- Marine, Aviation, Shipping & Transportation Insurance
- Credit Default Insurance, Political Risks & Loan Non Payment Insurance
- Household Goods Market
- Motor Related Market
- Professional Indemnity & Liability Lines
- Structured Insurance Products
- Affinity & Group Business Solutions
- Tailor Made Insurances & Captive Programmes
- International Private Medical Insurance
Archipelago Insurance Limited offers a complete range of global marine industry insurance products, designed to address all aspects of the marine and shipping industry.
At the same time, we provide a comprehensive portfolio of insurance services to our aviation industry clients: from regional airlines, air charterers, major manufacturers to private owners, pilots and smaller aviation suppliers and service providers.
We respond to these challenges with worldwide cover and insurance solutions for all aspects of transport and logistics industry.
Trade Financing, Corporate Debts and Investments, Bank Loan Protection and Credit Risk Mitigation
Credit insurance protects your business from non-payment of commercial debt. It makes sure that your invoices will be paid and allows you to manage the commercial risks of trade. Whilst credit insurance indemnifies losses incurred from non-payment of commercial debt, the ultimate goal is to help your business avoid catastrophic losses and grow profitability. The key is to have the best information about companies, sectors and economic trends in order to make informed credit decisions to help avoid and minimize losses.
Political risk insurance is a type of insurance that can be taken out by businesses, of any size, against political risks or other political conditions will result in an investment loss or inability to repay corporate borrowings and loans. Political risk insurance is available for several different types of political risks, including (among others):
- Political violence, such as revolution, insurrection, civil unrest, terrorism or war;
- Governmental expropriation or confiscation of assets;
- Governmental frustration or repudiation of contracts;
- Wrongful calling of letters of credit or similar on-demand guarantees;
- Business Interruption; and
- Inconvertibility of foreign currency or the inability to repatriate funds.
Loan Non Payment Insurance are specialty credit insurance policies for banks or other financial institutions designed to qualify as a credit risk mitigants under Basel II/III which provides protection against default by both corporate borrowers on their obligations under trade, non-trade, commodity finance, export finance and project finance transactions.
Extended Warranty Insurance - Brown & White Goods
Archipelago Insurance Limited's Extended Warranty is an insurance policy which guarantees that products such as household appliances and electrical goods will be repaired or replaced if they break down. Products usually come with a manufacturer’s or retailer’s warranty which lasts for one or two years, covering mechanical or electrical breakdown during this period. You may choose to buy an extended warranty on top of the manufacturer’s or retailer’s warranty.
GAP Insurance and Pecuniary Lines Covers
Archipelago Insurance Limited can also provide Gap Insurance that covers the “gap” between what your insurance company pays if your vehicle is a total loss (or stolen) and the outstanding amount owed to the finance company. Vehicles are a depreciating asset and even if you put a good sum of money down, that does not necessarily mean that you do not need gap insurance. Why finance negative equity on to your new loan and increase your payment when you can purchase gap insurance?
Motor Vehicle Extended Warranty Insurance
Archipelago Insurance Limited's Motor Extended Warranty is an insurance policy which provides under certain conditions an Extended Warranty targeting vehicles which are no longer covered by the car manufacturer covering mechanical or electrical breakdown during this period.
Professional Services Sectors
Archipelago Insurance Limited offers a comprehensive offering for the professional services industry. Risks require a comprehensive global insurance response, especially as professional services firms increasingly compete in multiple jurisdictions and international markets.
Our services are always tailor-made for each client – of particular importance for the specialist needs of clients operating in the 'knowledge economy'
- International insurance programmes Directors’ & Officers’ liability
- Professional indemnity
- Risk consulting and engineering services
- Prospectus & IPO coverage
- Mergers & acquisitions coverage
Corporate Risk Finance and Tax Enhancements
Archipelago Insurance Limited designs non-traditional, innovatively structured programs that apply insurance and/or capital market strategies to help companies address unusual and difficult-to-insure risks more efficiently.
These programmes differ from most traditional insurance by including some element of "structure" such as an experience account, premium adjustments and/or the manner in which limits respond. When a Structured Insurance Programme includes an experience account, that account is funded by a portion of the programme's typically substantial premium or deposit premium. The account earns interest and funds loss payments. At a specified date after the policy period ends, the client may be eligible to receive any remaining balance.
Some of the potential benefits of a Structured Insurance include:
- Benefits from favourable loss experience
- Address multiple types of exposures in one structure
- Obtain multi-year capacity with price certainty
- Mitigate loss volatility with multi-year coverage
- Saving costs as compared to a traditional insurance
- Have significantly greater control over claims
- Obtain financing on more advantageous terms
- Have flexibility in terms of payment schedule
Archipelago Insurance Limited is interested to work on group risks for personal accident, employee benefits and travel insurance or other related scheme arrangements. We can tailor our affinity and group programmes seamlessly for cooperatives, corporations, associations, foundations, societies, unions or clubs.
Archipelago Insurance Limited has the capabilities of tailoring and structuring bespoke insurance programmes for clients. Where appropriate and required, depending upon the complexity and advantages to the client, Archipelago Insurance Limited can create and even reinsure a bespoke captive insurance programme through insurance cell captives of Archipelago PCC Ltd. The owner of a cell in Archipelago PCC Ltd may receive some or all of the following benefits:
- Cost effective risk-financing vehicle by reducing overall insurance spend and free of tax;
- Flexibility in programme design;
- Optimisation of any kind risk transfer and risk retention;
- Statutory segregation of various risks;
- Minimal management time requirement;
- Access to the international wholesale insurance and reinsurance markets.