Be Part of our Team
Archipelago is a great place to work for those who are passionate, driven and result oriented. You will find yourself in a surrounded by dynamic colleagues and will be working together in an open, friendly and exciting environment.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
1. Graduate Management Trainee
Overall exposure in Underwriting, Risk Survey, Insuretech, Broking, Business Development, Finance. These roles are intended to accelerate your learning curve and grow your business acumen. We offer career paths and provide the career options that are aligned with candidates passion and strength. We are looking for driven and ambitious individuals to grow with us.
We welcome fresh graduates and candidates with minimal job experience to send in your applications. There will be an opportunity to rotate between different job roles and department to realize your strengths and potential in our group of insurance and services companies.
- Resourceful and good problem solving skill
- Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on urgency
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skill
- Team player, self motivated and able to work independantly and under preassure with tight deadlines
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in any field. Actuarial / Mathematics studies will be an added advantage.
- Fresh graduates or candidates with 1 year working experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office especially MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Willing to work in Mont Kiara
- To underwrite all classes of businesses referred by the business channel developments, producers, intermediaries and country manager
- To make adjustments and improvements to the existing policies based on the clients and intermediaries’ feedback to ensure clients’ satisfaction
- To liaise with the Group Chief Underwriter and the Deputy Group Chief Underwriter to obtain the final quotation and approval on the rates
- Product Development – to develop tailor made policies with the assistance of the Business Channel Development, country managers and the R&D Team for local and overseas clients
- To lead, supervise and guide the junior underwriters
- Business developments – to assist the business channel developments in developing new business locally and overseas
- To assist the Chief Operating Officer in managing the operations of the Global Business Underwriting team
- Preferable 2-3 years working experience in insurance underwriting
- Good analytical and innovative skills
- Able to work well in a team as well as independently
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Communicate effectively at all levels