Be Part of our Team
Archipelago is a great place to work for those who are passionate, driven and result oriented. You will find yourself in a surrounded by dynamic colleagues and will be working together in an open, friendly and exciting environment.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Senior Executive, Life Underwriter and Actuarial Valuation
- Underwrite and valuate life and medical insurance products by assessing the risks according to company guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure issuance of new applications and renewal materials are within standard turnaround time.
- Collaborate with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure that requirements and needs of the clients are met to develop new business and retain existing clients.
- Conduct analysis on risk to ensure profitable portfolio.
- Product development by furnishing product features, pricing, policy wording, standard operating procedure and product materials.
- Review existing products for new development and enhancements to stay competitive in the market.
- Ensure continuous compliance of regulations and procedures at all time.
- Initiate improvement to operational and process flow efficiency.
- Work on action plans to achieve company target.
- Ensure timely report submission to management.
- Ensure underwriting documentations are filed and records are accurate.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities requested by the Management as and when required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate, Professional Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Insurance or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ underwriting experience, with in-depth knowledge of life and/or medical insurance.
- Customer oriented and self-motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
2.Executive, Business Development
Global Business & Underwriting – General, Life & PCC (Conventional & Takaful)
New Business Development
- Responsibility to grow the business through various channels – Financial Advisers, Brokers, Introducers, etc
- Prospect for potential new Financial Advisers, Brokers, Introducers, etc and clients and turn this into increased business.
- Growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential Financial Advisers, Brokers, Introducers, etc / clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new Financial Advisers, Brokers, Introducers, etc and clients.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Travel outstation when needed.
Financial Advisers, Brokers, Introducers, etc and Clients Retention
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
Administration, Reporting and Compliance
- Submit/update weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to enhance the company’s performance.
- Ensure distribution Compliance, Corporate Governance and quality of work are adhered to.
- Possess a recognised degree in any field.
- At least 3 years in Life and/or General insurance industry. Has experienced in Marine, Aviation and Trade Credit General Insurance will be an added advantage.
- Goal and performance oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Bahasa Melayu and Mandarin will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication, relationship, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks concurrently and adhere to deadlines.
- To underwrite all classes of businesses referred by the business channel developments, producers, intermediaries and country manager
- To make adjustments and improvements to the existing policies based on the clients and intermediaries’ feedback to ensure clients’ satisfaction
- To liaise with the Group Chief Underwriter and the Deputy Group Chief Underwriter to obtain the final quotation and approval on the rates
- Product Development – to develop tailor made policies with the assistance of the Business Channel Development, country managers and the R&D Team for local and overseas clients
- To lead, supervise and guide the junior underwriters
- Business developments – to assist the business channel developments in developing new business locally and overseas
- To assist the Chief Operating Officer in managing the operations of the Global Business Underwriting team
- Preferable 2-3 years working experience in insurance underwriting
- Good analytical and innovative skills
- Able to work well in a team as well as independently
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Communicate effectively at all levels
4. Personal Assistant
- Schedule meetings and manage calendars
- Send and reply related emails
- Assist with time management
- Manage and run errands as requested
- Making travel arrangements. Plan travel, including flights, accommodation, ground transportation
- Coordinate events, meetings and speaking engagements
- Degree in any field.
- Fresh grads are welcomes to apply.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Tech-savvy and experience in Microsoft, GWS.
- Active listening and good communication skills.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong time-management and organization skills.
- Willing to travel.
- Chinese speaking is an added advantage.
5. Head of Treaty
To have broad and comprehensive knowledge on insurance underwriting for reinsurance particularly for treaty (proportional and non-proportional) for both Conventional and Takaful / Syariah Compliance for all classes in both General and Life insurance.
- To review and analyze treaty reinsurance inwards being offered or presented to the Group from all brokers and cedants and to prepare the recommendation
- To review and coordinate on treaty reinsurance outward with the reinsurance brokers and / or reinsurers for the Group on the annual treaty programs for the Group
- To prepare and / or supervise the treaty team on the quarter statements workings for the outward treaty programs for the Group
- To provide technical support and guidance to the Group on Treaty underwriting matters, particularly on Captive solutions
6. Graduate Management Trainee
Overall exposure in Underwriting, Risk Survey, Insuretech, Broking, Business Development, Finance. These roles are intended to accelerate your learning curve and grow your business acumen. We offer career paths and provide the career options that are aligned with candidates passion and strength. We are looking for driven and ambitious individuals to grow with us.
We welcome fresh graduates and candidates with minimal job experience to send in your applications. There will be an opportunity to rotate between different job roles and department to realize your strengths and potential in our group of insurance and services companies.
- Resourceful and good problem solving skill
- Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on urgency
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skill
- Team player, self motivated and able to work independantly and under preassure with tight deadlines
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in any field. Actuarial / Mathematics studies will be an added advantage.
- Fresh graduates or candidates with 1 year working experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office especially MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Willing to work in Mont Kiara